The Peoples Democratic Party and its candidate, Atiku Abubakar, reading various names that he registered with the Independent National Electoral Commission, presented President Bola Tinubu’s academic and professional documents, which the Presidential Election Petitions Court Tribunal accepted.
A B.Sc. degree from Chicago State University, a NYSC Discharge degree, and a Mobil Nigeria Oil Plc certificate of service are among the credentials that were presented on Friday at the Tribunal.
The PDP presented the documents through its summoned witness, Mike Enahoro Ebah, Esq. He highlighted that the documents were “purportedly” acquired by Tinubu yet bore his name, “Bola Adekunle Tinubu,” nonetheless.
Led in evidence by PDP counsel, Chris Uche, SAN, the witness also tendered forms EC13 and EC9 nomination forms and the letters written to INEC as attachments.
Counsel to INEC, Abubakar Mahmoud, Tinubu, Emmanuel Ukala, and the APC, Lateef Fagbemi, all objected to the admissibility of the documents.
The witness referenced the following documents:
(1) certified true copies of form EC9(Nomination letter of Tinubu).
(2) receipt of payment for certification.
(3) witness application letter, requesting for the documents.
(4) INEC’s Letter of response.
(5) Certificate from Chicago university belonging to the 2nd respondent( Tinubu).
(6)NYSC discharge certificate belonging to the 2nd respondent, with the name Tinubu Bola Adekunle.
(7) Certificate of service from Mobile Oil Nigeria PLC.
(8) Party Membership card.
All of the respondents raised objections to the admission of these papers when the lead attorney for PDP attempted to offer them.
In addition, the witness produced academic records from Chicago University, a copy of the subpoena issued to the institution, the original academic records and degree certificate, an original admission letter, and an original transcript from South West College, the school Tinubu attended and which was given to Chicago University with the gender indicated as Female.
Along with the cover note authorising it, he also sent a notarized decision from the United States for the criminal confiscation of Tinubu’s assets. Additionally, copies of a passport from Guinea and Tinubu’s certificate of compliance were shown.
The PDP also presented:
(1) Certified true copies of forms EC8A’s of 25 LGAs in Delta state.
(2) Certified true copies of forms EC8A’s of 13 LGA’s in Ebonyi state.
(3) Certified true copies of forms EC8A’s of 18 LGAs in Edo state.
(4) Certified true copies of forms EC8A’s of 17 LGAs in Enugu state.
(5) Certified true copies of forms EC8A’s of 27 LGAs in Imo state.
(6) Certified true copies of forms EC8A’s of 21 LGAs in Kogi state
Under cross-examination by Counsel to INEC, Abubakar Mahmoud, the witness said he has not spent too much money even as he tries to bring the truth to Nigerians.
When asked if he was displeased that his candidate lost, the witness answered in the affirmative. The court then after, rose to reconvene later for further cross examination.