Nigerian newspaper headlines and Naija news today, Wednesday 4th April 2022, can be accessed below as curated by ENigeria Newspaper.
ENigeria Newspaper has compiled Nigerian newspaper, Naija news, headlines from newspaper publications in Nigeria, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines today & Naija news today from the Nigerian Newspaper today.
1. The National Working Committee (NWC) of the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has rescheduled its primary elections. A statement by Hon. Debo Ologunagba, National Publicity Secretary of the party, said the Governorship Primaries is now slated for Monday, May 23, 2022, while the Senatorial District Primaries comes up on Saturday, May 21, 2022.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari and the Secretary General of the United Nations (UN), Antonio Guterres, Wednesday, met at the State House, Abuja. The President received the UN scribe and his delegation at the forecourt of his office at around 3:03pm.
3. Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi, on Wednesday, formally declared his presidential ambition on the platform of the All Progressives Congress. While declaring his ambition in Abuja, the Chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum listed some challenges he intends to fix if he becomes the President of the country in 2023.
4. The Naira on Wednesday appreciated at the Investors and Exporters window exchanging at N418 to the dollar, a -0.24 percent appreciation, stronger than N419.00 it traded on April 29. The open indicative rate closed at N417.00 to the dollar on Wednesday.
5. An explosion at an oil firm in Imo State, on Wednesday morning, left two persons dead. The incident, which occurred at Addax Oil Company at Izombe, Oguta Local Government Area of the State, caused panic in the area.
6. The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has written to the University of Jos, demanding a probe and the recall of the doctorate degree of the Minister of State for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba. Nwajiuba confirmed to reporters yesterday that the union had written to UNIJOS asking for the recall of his certificate.
7. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State says the situation of Nigeria is so bad that the country needs a mad man to turn things around for the better. The presidential aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said this while addressing delegates of the party in Kogi State on Wednesday.
8. The All Progressives Congress (APC) has extended its sale of expression of interest and nomination forms by 4 days. The initial deadline was Friday, but in a statement on Wednesday, the APC National Publicity Secretary, Barrister Felix Morka, said the exercise had been extended to Tuesday.
9. Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State has threatened to sack any of his appointees found to be engaged in untoward activities during the upcoming Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, congress. The Governor, who promised to be fully involved in the conduct of the primaries, promised to monitor the process to ensure that no one was shortchanged during the exercise.
10. An Assistant Superintendent of Police, identified as Ukam Efut, was on Tuesday evening shot dead at a security checkpoint at Agwa, in Oguta Local Government Area of Imo State by fleeing gunmen. After shooting the officer dead, his killers chopped off his manhood and fled with it.
Those are the Nigeria newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian Newspapers. Read more Nigeria news, African news, and world news on ENigeria Newspaper. See you again tomorrow.
ASUU Strike: Call off Strike now, Court orders ASUU
Top 20 Best Loan Apps In Nigeria 2022 for Instant Loans
ICPC uncovers N400bn fraud in 2021, 2022 budgets
Widow, Son weep, Beg For Price Reduction as Lagos Govt Auctions Vehicles
ANAP Foundation Presidential Polls: Tinubu’s camp Fires back
Azman Air operations suspended
BREAKING: Court Orders INEC to Declare Akpabio as APC Senatorial Candidate
Governor Akeredolu breaks silence after News of Mom’s death
Ex-Husband reveals how Amara Blessing Nwosu connived with children to beat him up
Ifeanyi Chukwuma Odii breaks silence after Supreme Court victory
JAMB makes fresh demand from Federal government
Wike inspects Dr. Peter Odili Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases Centre
DSS says Tukur Mamu is a terrorists’ financier, heading to terrorism summit
Supreme Court declares Ifeanyi Chukwuma Odii Ebonyi PDP candidate
Iyorcha Ayu must go, Seyi Makinde tells Atiku
News3 years ago
Drug Kingpin, Bishop who escaped death in Ozubulu, killed In South Africa
Entertainment2 years ago
Actress, Destiny Etiko talks about her curves and Ikebe
News4 years ago
Harrysong Facilitates Release of 3 Inmates from Okere Prison
News4 months ago
Leaked AKSU Student Video as Unidentified Guy Smashes Akwa Ibom varsity Girl
Crime4 years ago
Italian Husband Murders Nigerian Female Singer, Alizee and 4 year-old daughter
Entertainment1 year ago
Shocking! Chioma Chukwuka moves out of matrimonial home
News2 years ago
Access Bank Plc Launches Access9ijaKids for Children
News2 years ago
Uzoma Dozie, Former Diamond Bank CEO launches digital banking Startup – Sparkle