Newspaper headlines, Nigeria News, Nigerian News, Latest Nigerian News and Naija News Today can be accessed on ENigeria Newspaper.
1. Osun State Governor Gboyega Oyetola may engage no fewer than 50 lawyers, including senior advocates, to challenge the victory of the Peoples Democratic Party candidate, Ademola Adeleke, in last Saturday’s governorship election in the state.
A member of the governor’s legal team, Kunle Adegoke, gave this indication on Tuesday just as the PDP and the governor-elect warned the Independent National Electoral Commission against allowing the All Progressives Congress to tamper with election materials.
The governor’s legal team has been sifting through the election results in preparation for taking serious legal action against the declaration of Adeleke as the governor-elect by the INEC.
2. There was pandemonium at Mile 2, in the Otto Wharf area of Lagos State, on Tuesday, when a diesel tanker exploded and destroyed several vehicles. It was gathered that the incident occurred around 3pm at an articulated vehicle motor park in the community.
3. Nigeria President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, to resolve the ongoing strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) and other university-based unions within the next two weeks. Buhari gave the directive Tuesday after receiving briefings from the relevant government Ministries.
4. The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) yesterday, ruled out any possibility of suspending its six months old strike. ASUU President, Professor Emmanuel Osodeke, who addressed newsmen in Abuja, described the Ministry of Labour and Employment, chaired by Chris Ngige as “Conciliator” for continuously creating more chaos in the resolution process.
5. The kidnapped Kaduna Catholic priest, Very Rev. Fr. John Mark Chietnum has been killed by his abductors. Another priest, Rev. Fr. Donatus Cleopas, who was kidnapped with him, however, escaped from the kidnappers’ den.
6. The General Overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye has denied meeting with the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. The church stated this in a statement on Tuesday.
7. Troops fighting banditry in Kaduna State have succeeded in gunning down a notorious bandit terrorising villagers around Chikun Local Government Area of the State. The bandit was intercepted at the Kidunu area around Eastern By-Pass within the LGA as contained in a statement issued by the Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan on Tuesday.
8. The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) is set to officially unveil its 2023 vice presidential candidate, Kashim Shettima today (Wednesday). APC National Organising Secretary, Sulaiman Argungu made this known in a statement on Tuesday.
9. President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, officially unveiled The Nigerian National Petroleum Company, NNPC Limited and declared that the new entity was henceforth free from institutional regulations. Buhari, who made this public at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, stated that the oil firm would from now on conduct itself under best international business practice.
10. Former Governor of Zamfara State, Abdulazizi Yari, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Katsina State, Sen. Yakubu Lado Danmarke, and the PDP governorship candidate in Kano State, Alhaji Mohammed Abacha, on Tuesday visited Governor Nyesom Wike in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
11. The Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Ugu ward, in the Orhionmwon Local Government Area of Edo State, Godwin Aigbogun, has been kidnapped by hoodlums. A chieftain of the APC in Ugu, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said he was informed of the kidnap by political associates.
Those are top Newspaper headlines, Nigeria News, Nigerian News, Latest Nigerian News, and Naija News today. You can check back tomorrow for Latest Nigeria News headlines, Latest Naija News on ENigeria Newspaper.
Dr. Philip Ozuah donates $1 million to resuscitate University of Ibadan Medical College
Lagos State Internal Revenue Launches Whistle-Blower Initiative
Frustrated Customers Share Awful Experiences Using Renmoney Loan App
Glo, most consistent data network in Nigeria – Beacon of ICT organisers
Comedian – Lasisi Elenu weds actress, Nonso Adika
Osun PDP warns Oyetola against conduct of local government election
APC Senatorial ticket: David Umahi Loses to Ann Agom-Eze
Music Producer, Don Jazzy Loses Mom
Naira Gains Against Dollar Today
Dana Airlines respond after FG’s suspension
Dana Airlines License Suspended indefinitely
Platform Times launches foundation, targets training 2,000 journalists in first year
Stakeholders Identify Non-Oil Export as Panacea for Nigeria’s Economic Rejuvenation at Zenith Bank Seminar
NBCC Appoints AFRIMA President as Creative And Cultural Committee Chairman
News3 years ago
Drug Kingpin, Bishop who escaped death in Ozubulu, killed In South Africa
Entertainment2 years ago
Actress, Destiny Etiko talks about her curves and Ikebe
Crime6 years ago
Forbes Denies Sujimoto CEO, Siji Ogundele
News4 years ago
Harrysong Facilitates Release of 3 Inmates from Okere Prison
News3 months ago
Leaked AKSU Student Video as Unidentified Guy Smashes Akwa Ibom varsity Girl
Crime4 years ago
Italian Husband Murders Nigerian Female Singer, Alizee and 4 year-old daughter
Entertainment11 months ago
Shocking! Chioma Chukwuka moves out of matrimonial home
News2 years ago
Access Bank Plc Launches Access9ijaKids for Children