Newspaper headlines, Nigeria News and Naija News on ENigeria Newspaper is published and can be accessed below.
1. Loyalists of the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, have said the party’s vice-presidential candidate, Kashim Shettima, will not be dropped in spite of criticism over his appointment. Various groups campaigning for Tinubu, yesterday faulted those berating the party over Muslim-Muslim ticket.
2. A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Ebun Adegboruwa, has warned Nigerians against electing former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, as the president of Nigeria in 2023. He made this known in a statement on Wednesday. The lawyer accused Atiku of being desperate, saying that “PDP cannot be trusted with Nigeria’s constitution”.
3. Goods and property estimated at millions of naira were destroyed late Tuesday when fire consumed a section of the Eke Market, Amangbala community, in the Afikpo North Local Government Area of Ebonyi State. As the fire raged, it was gathered that efforts by traders to salvage their goods were abortive.
4. The Federal Government yesterday accused the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) of unilaterally fixing the salaries of lecturers. It also said there was no Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between both parties yet.
5. President Muhammadu Buhari has told his immediate family, particularly, his children that he is not leaving anything for them to inherit. Buhari, who is expected to bow out of office as President in May 2023, insisted that the only legacy he hopes to bequeath to them is proper education.
6. Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba has ordered a ban on the use of SPY Vehicle Number Plates across the country. A statement by the Force Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, said irrespective of whether it is authorized or not, all SPY Vehicle Number Plates have been revoked indefinitely.
7. Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has dismissed the claim of the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal, that the Ganduje Foundation is being used to forcefully convert Christians to Islam. In a statement by the State Commissioner for Information, Muhammad Garba on his behalf, Ganduje said the comment was totally false.
8. Mua’zu Danladi, a 25-year-old man, who is a relation of ex-Governor Ahmad Adamu Mua’zu, has been shot dead at Boto village of Tafawa Balewa Local Government Area of Bauchi State. Danladi was killed when gunmen invaded the residence of Muazu’s family members in the early hours of Wednesday.
9. Operatives of the Ogun Police Command have arrested one of the inmates who escaped from the Kuje Correctional Center in Abuja. The Police Command in Ogun State said in a statement issued yesterday by its spokesman, Abimbola Oyeyemi, that one of the escaped inmates, Yakubu AbdulMumuni, was arrested on Monday.
10. Thirteen political parties, on Wednesday, signed a peace accord to ensure peaceful conduct of Saturday’s governorship election in Osun State. Speaking at the ceremony organised by the National Peace Committee in Osogbo, Bishop Matthew Kukah urged all political parties featuring in the election to work towards peace.
Those are top Newspaper headlines, Nigeria News and Naija News today. You can check back tomorrow for Latest Nigeria News headlines on ENigeria Newspaper.
Dr. Philip Ozuah donates $1 million to resuscitate University of Ibadan Medical College
Lagos State Internal Revenue Launches Whistle-Blower Initiative
Frustrated Customers Share Awful Experiences Using Renmoney Loan App
Glo, most consistent data network in Nigeria – Beacon of ICT organisers
Comedian – Lasisi Elenu weds actress, Nonso Adika
Osun PDP warns Oyetola against conduct of local government election
APC Senatorial ticket: David Umahi Loses to Ann Agom-Eze
Music Producer, Don Jazzy Loses Mom
Naira Gains Against Dollar Today
Dana Airlines respond after FG’s suspension
Dana Airlines License Suspended indefinitely
Platform Times launches foundation, targets training 2,000 journalists in first year
Stakeholders Identify Non-Oil Export as Panacea for Nigeria’s Economic Rejuvenation at Zenith Bank Seminar
NBCC Appoints AFRIMA President as Creative And Cultural Committee Chairman
News3 years ago
Drug Kingpin, Bishop who escaped death in Ozubulu, killed In South Africa
Entertainment2 years ago
Actress, Destiny Etiko talks about her curves and Ikebe
Crime6 years ago
Forbes Denies Sujimoto CEO, Siji Ogundele
News4 years ago
Harrysong Facilitates Release of 3 Inmates from Okere Prison
News3 months ago
Leaked AKSU Student Video as Unidentified Guy Smashes Akwa Ibom varsity Girl
Crime4 years ago
Italian Husband Murders Nigerian Female Singer, Alizee and 4 year-old daughter
Entertainment11 months ago
Shocking! Chioma Chukwuka moves out of matrimonial home
News2 years ago
Access Bank Plc Launches Access9ijaKids for Children