Latest Nigerian News, Nigerian Newspapers, Naija news today can be accessed below as curated by ENigeria Newspaper.
1. List of Tinubu’s Cabinet Members Leaks Ahead of May 29 Inauguration
Ahead of May 29 inauguration, a list of President-elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s cabinet members has leaked to the media and generated heated arguments in many quarters.
ENigeria Newspaper understands that the biggest headache of the incoming administration has been the composition of members of the cabinet and this is especially cumbersome given that the President-elect reportedly insists on playing fair and anchoring an administration that is all-inclusive. To this end, many stakeholders have been jostling for crucial positions while some key members of the party are already nominating reputable names to play roles in the much-anticipated administration. READ MORE: https://e-nigeriang.com/tinubu-details-emerge-about-composition-of-ministerial-set-up/
2. Controversial businessman, Emeka Offor, trended on micro-blogging platform Twitter on Thursday, after he arrested popular OBIDIENT influencer, Nnamdi Chude, over alleged defamation.
There were reports that Interpol arrested Chude on Wednesday in Abuja as part of the defamation suit filed by Emeka Offor which elicited reactions from Netizens. READ MORE: https://e-nigeriang.com/emeka-offor-trends-over-arrest-of-popular-influencer-chude-for-defamation/
3. The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPoB) have written to former president Olusegun Obasanjo in response to his reported remark that Biafra is dead and buried, claiming that Obasanjo erred that Biafra is still a living entity.
In a statement released by IPoB’s Media and Publicity Secretary Emma Powerful under the title “Chief Obasanjo knows that Biafra is much alive and will be restored soon,” IPoB claimed that Chief Obasanjo made the incorrect claim that Biafra is dead and buried while attending Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo’s one-year anniversary of taking office in Awka as a special guest…READ MORE: https://e-nigeriang.com/ipob-slams-obasanjo-over-comments-on-biafra/
4. The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, is trending on Twitter after a video emerged of him accompanying President-elect, Bola Tinubu, on a journey to Guinea.
Analysis by ENIGERIA revealed that the video was recorded during one of Tinubu’s trips to Guinea in 2013.
Tinubu may likely face disqualification after a Guinean passport bearing his name surfaced days ago…READ MORE: https://e-nigeriang.com/sanwo-olu-trends-after-video-emerged-on-guinea-trip-with-tinubu-video/
5. Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, on Wednesday, warned that bandits could take advantage of the transition period to launch bloody attacks in the country. He, therefore, advised that security operations against bandits should be increased in the remaining days of the current administration and beyond.
6. The Presidency has said President Muhammadu Buhari personally took steps to address the deteriorating situation in Benue State despite the action of Governor Samuel Ortom who “in many cases” either “roundly ignored them or placed an outright obstruction. The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, said this in a statement on Wednesday.
7. The House of Representatives adhoc Committee investigating alleged loss of over $2.4 billion in revenue from illegal sale of 48 million barrels of crude oil in 2015 has lamented that the Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami and the Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed are not cooperating with the committee. This followed Malami’s inability to honour their invitations.
8. The Federal Government has asked the Comptroller General of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Isah Jere, to proceed on retirement. In a letter from the Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Services Board, dated 17th of April, 2023, and addressed to the NIS boss, the Federal Government directed him to hand over to the most senior officer in the Service.
9. The President-elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has urged the police to investigate the controversies that trailed the Adamawa State supplementary governorship election, which saw the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ahmadu Fintiri returned as the winner. Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos State also urged aggrieved candidates who lost out in the election to adopt legitimate means of addressing their grievances.
10. The striking aviation unions on Wednesday vowed to have a total shutdown of the airports after seven days as they staged a procession to the international wing of the Murtala Muhammad International Airport (MMIA). Security operatives also took over the venue of the protest where the unions converged on Monday, the first day of their two-day warning strike when the barricaded access roads.
11. The Federal Government has declared Friday, April 21 and Monday 24, 2023, as public holidays to mark this year’s EIdil-Fitr celebration. A statement signed by the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Interior, Shuiab Belgore, noted that the Minister, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, made the declaration on behalf of the government.
12. Two construction workers were on Wednesday killed when a perimeter fence around a construction site in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, collapsed. The incident occurred on Ademola Adetokunbo Crescent, in the Wuse 2 area of the nation’s capital.
13. A 45-year-old man, Gbenga Ogunfadeke, has been arrested for allegedly chaining and locking his two children in solitary confinement which led to their death. Amotekun Corps State Commander, David Akinremi, confirmed the suspect’s arrest in a statement on Wednesday.
14. Imo State Police Command has said its operatives wounded several members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, and its militia arm, Eastern Security Network (ESN) during a bloody shootout. The shootout, which took place at a camp at Ubah Agwa/Izombe tropical rain Forest in Oguta Local Area, left several persons wounded.
Those are Latest Nigerian News, Naija news today & the Nigeria newspaper headlines from Nigerian Newspapers. Read more Nigeria news, African news, and world news on ENigeria Newspaper. See you again tomorrow.
Source: ENigeria Newspaper