Latest Nigeria newspaper headlines and Naija news today, Monday 9th April 2022, can be accessed below as curated by ENigeria Newspaper.
ENigeria Newspaper has compiled latest Nigeria newspaper headlines, Naija news, from newspaper publications in Nigeria, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are Naija news and Nigeria Newspaper headlines from the Nigerian Newspapers today.
1. Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State says President Muhammadu Buhari has accepted his request for a political solution regarding the case of Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB. The governor stated this on Tuesday while speaking with States House Correspondents shortly after he paid a thank you visit to the President over the two days work visit to the State last week.
2. The Senate, on Tuesday, passed an amendment to the Electoral Act 2022 to allow statutory delegates participate in political parties’ congresses and conventions. The current version, which was assented to by President Muhammadu Buhari in February this year, prevents statutory delegates from taking part in party primaries.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari has said there is no going back on leaving office after completing his constitutionally guaranteed tenure, emphasising that the May 29, 2023, handover date is sacrosanct. Speaking through Malam Garba Shehu, his media aide, Buhari said the current administration would honour the constitution and people’s right to decide.
4. A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has nullified the Asset Tracing, Recovery and Management Regulations, 2019 for being “an invalid statutory instrument.” The court further nullified all sales and disposal of assets made by the Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) Abubakar Malami, SAN, under the Asset Tracing, Recovery and Management Regulations, 2019.
5. President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, has confirmed that a new head coach for the country’s senior national team will be announced latest Thursday. The Super Eagles have been without a full-time manager since December 2021, following the sacking of Gernot Rohr.
6. The Federal Government, on Tuesday, said Nigerians spend between USD1.2 and USD1.6 billion (N664bn at 415/$) on medical tourism annually. Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said this during a guided tour of Duchess International Hospital in Lagos.
7. Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State has expressed concern over the kind of messages the All Progressives Congress, APC, will be telling Nigerians with former President Goodluck Jonathan as its presidential candidate, saying he is not sellable. The Governor spoke Tuesday while responding to questions from State House reporters after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
8. The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders’ Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) says the spate of insecurity in the South-East is not targeted at herders. The South-East Zonal Chairman of MACBAN, Alhaji Gidado Siddiki, said this in an interview in Enugu on Tuesday.
9. A blast suspected to be a bomb explosion has again exploded in Jalingo, the capital of Taraba State. The explosion, which occurred on Tuesday at about 9pm, took place a few metres away from the military base located in the Jalingo metropolis.
10. Students of the University of Ilorin, on Tuesday, staged a peaceful protest to express their disappointment over the ongoing strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, vowing that they would not have anything to do with the 2023 general election if the government allowed the strike to linger.
Those are Latest Nigeria newspaper headlines & Naija news today the from Nigerian Newspapers. Read more Nigeria news, African news, and world news on ENigeria Newspaper. See you again tomorrow.
Week 47 Pool Fixture 2022: Pool Fixtures for Sat. 28 May 2022 Pool Agent
VIDEO: Miriam Olusanya led GTBank Shields Staff who steal from Customers’ accounts
Audition form – How to Apply For BBNaija 2022: Direct Link To Apply
Actor Gideon Okeke’s marriage crashes three years after
BREAKING: Jamil Abubakar’s baby mama Irene files for sole custody of son
Biography of Anamekwe Nwabuoku – Age, Education, of Nigeria Accountant General
Anamekwe Nwabuoku replaces Idris as Nigeria Accountant General
Leaked AKSU Student Video as Unidentified Guy Smashes Akwa Ibom varsity Girl
Opponent collapses as Victor Nwokolo clinches PDP Primaries ticket
Nigerian Idol Season 7 Winner Emerges
Glamour Girls remake to debut on Netflix in June
Okechukwu Okoye: Soludo offers N10m reward for information on killers of lawmaker
DIG Joseph Egbunike’s burial today in Onitsha
EXCLUSIVE: How inability to secure American green card led Genevieve Nnaji into depression
Deborah Samuel: How DSS officers could not save her from angry mob
News3 years ago
Drug Kingpin, Bishop who escaped death in Ozubulu, killed In South Africa
Crime6 years ago
Forbes Denies Sujimoto CEO, Siji Ogundele
Entertainment2 years ago
Actress, Destiny Etiko talks about her curves and Ikebe
News4 years ago
Harrysong Facilitates Release of 3 Inmates from Okere Prison
Crime4 years ago
Italian Husband Murders Nigerian Female Singer, Alizee and 4 year-old daughter
News2 years ago
Access Bank Plc Launches Access9ijaKids for Children
Entertainment8 months ago
Shocking! Chioma Chukwuka moves out of matrimonial home
News2 years ago
Uzoma Dozie, Former Diamond Bank CEO launches digital banking Startup – Sparkle