Latest Nigeria newspaper headlines and Naija news today, Monday 9th April 2022, can be accessed below as curated by ENigeria Newspaper.
ENigeria Newspaper has compiled latest Nigeria newspaper headlines, Naija news, from newspaper publications in Nigeria, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are Latest Nigeria Newspaper & Naija news headlines from the Nigerian Newspapers today.
1. Former President Goodluck Jonathan has rejected the nomination and expression of interest forms that a group bought for him. A coalition of Fulani groups had purchased the APC nomination form for him. But in a statement on Monday night, the former President said he knows nothing about it.
5. Chief Whip of the House of Senate, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu has announced decision to withdraw from the 2023 presidential race. The lawmaker, who was an aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC, stated this in a statement he personally signed on Monday.
8. Amidst attempts by loyalists of former president Goodluck Jonathan to stop him from running on the All Progressives Congress, APC, platform, the former president has formally met with the National Chairman of the ruling party in Abuja, apparently to clarify some grey areas regarding his reported candidacy.
3. The relatives and friends of 62 passengers captured on the Abuja-Kaduna train have warned that the train service must not resume unless all abducted passengers are rescued. In a press conference in Kaduna on Monday, the relatives demanded the quick and safe rescue of their people being held hostage.
7. Fuel queues persisted in the Federal Capital Territory on Monday as filling stations struggled to control desperate drivers waiting to buy the Premium Motor Spirit, PMS, at the official price. Racketeers had a field day, selling a litre of PMS at N300 in different parts of the FCT.
2. Minister of State, Petroleum Resources, Chief Timipre Sylva, has picked the N100 million presidential forms of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) amid the ongoing fuel scarcity. Nigerians have been spending hours at filling stations in the last three days, a situation the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) blamed on low depot loading.
4. Godwin Emefiele, Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, has filed a suit before a Federal High Court in Abuja over the alleged plan to disqualify him from the 2023 presidential primaries slated for the end of this month. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has earlier given political parties a deadline of June 3 to submit their candidates for the 2023 elections.
6. The President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan on Monday joined the 2023 Presidential race. Lawan’s friends purchased the All Progressives Congress, APC, nomination forms for him at the International Conference Centre, ICC.
9. A Presidential aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party and Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike has said that the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari in the last seven years has been known only for the killing of Nigerians. He said this while addressing the party’s delegates in Akure, the Ondo State capital yesterday evening.
10. President Muhammadu Buhari has returned to Abuja after attending the Summit of Heads of State and Government 15th Conference of the Parties (Cop15) of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
Those are Latest Nigeria newspaper headlines & Naija news today the from Nigerian Newspapers. Read more Nigeria news, African news, and world news on ENigeria Newspaper. See you again tomorrow.
Week 47 Pool Fixture 2022: Pool Fixtures for Sat. 28 May 2022 Pool Agent
VIDEO: Miriam Olusanya led GTBank Shields Staff who steal from Customers’ accounts
Audition form – How to Apply For BBNaija 2022: Direct Link To Apply
Actor Gideon Okeke’s marriage crashes three years after
BREAKING: Jamil Abubakar’s baby mama Irene files for sole custody of son
Biography of Anamekwe Nwabuoku – Age, Education, of Nigeria Accountant General
Anamekwe Nwabuoku replaces Idris as Nigeria Accountant General
Leaked AKSU Student Video as Unidentified Guy Smashes Akwa Ibom varsity Girl
Opponent collapses as Victor Nwokolo clinches PDP Primaries ticket
Nigerian Idol Season 7 Winner Emerges
Glamour Girls remake to debut on Netflix in June
Okechukwu Okoye: Soludo offers N10m reward for information on killers of lawmaker
DIG Joseph Egbunike’s burial today in Onitsha
EXCLUSIVE: How inability to secure American green card led Genevieve Nnaji into depression
Deborah Samuel: How DSS officers could not save her from angry mob
News3 years ago
Drug Kingpin, Bishop who escaped death in Ozubulu, killed In South Africa
Crime6 years ago
Forbes Denies Sujimoto CEO, Siji Ogundele
Entertainment2 years ago
Actress, Destiny Etiko talks about her curves and Ikebe
News4 years ago
Harrysong Facilitates Release of 3 Inmates from Okere Prison
Crime4 years ago
Italian Husband Murders Nigerian Female Singer, Alizee and 4 year-old daughter
News2 years ago
Access Bank Plc Launches Access9ijaKids for Children
Entertainment8 months ago
Shocking! Chioma Chukwuka moves out of matrimonial home
News2 years ago
Uzoma Dozie, Former Diamond Bank CEO launches digital banking Startup – Sparkle