Naija news and Nigeria newspaper headlines today, Sunday 8 April 2022, can be accessed below as curated by ENigeria Newspaper.
ENigeria Newspaper has compiled Naija news, Nigeria newspaper, headlines from newspaper publications in Nigeria, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are Naija news and Nigeria Newspaper headlines from the Nigerian Newspapers today.
1. There seems to be no end in sight to the internal wranglings rocking the ruling party, All Progressive Congress, APC in Kano State as the aggrieved G7 factional leader, Ahmadu Danzago dragged the APC state Chairman, Abdullahi Abbas and Secretary, Ibrahim Sarina before a Federal High Court sitting in Kano.
2. President of the African Development Bank, AfDB, Akinwumi Adesina, has joined the contest for the presidential ticket of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC. A coalition of 28 groups raised the N100 million to purchase the presidential nomination and expression of interest forms for the former Agriculture Minister.
3. The Nigeria Police Force has arrested an officer caught in a viral video, singing, dancing, and brandishing a rifle in praise of a particular confraternity (cult). The officer has been identified as Corporal Matthew Isaac, attached to the Ebonyi State Police Command.
4. Azman Air has announced an indefinite suspension of its flights across the nation. This is in compliance with the directive of the Airline Operators of Nigeria (AON) to shut operations over the hike in aviation fuel.
5. The Director-General of Tinubu Support Groups Management Council, Abdulmumin Jibrin has dumped the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC). Jibrin, a former House of Representatives member from Kiru/Bebeji in Kano State, announced his decision on Saturday.
6. The Federal Government has appealed to airline operators to reconsider their stance on shutting down, saying such action would have a multiplier effect on the already “distressed economy”. Minister of Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika, made the appeal in a statement by his Special Assistant on Public Affairs, Dr. James Odaudu.
7. Governor Godwin Emefiele of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) says he has not taken a stance on the 2023 Presidency. In a series of tweets on Saturday, Emefiele thanked those who bought the APC nomination forms for him, saying if he decides to contest, he would use his personal resources to procure the N100m forms.
8. Chelsea, on Saturday morning, officially confirmed Todd Boehly as the club’s new owner. In a statement via their website, the Premier League giants confirmed that terms have been agreed on for the new ownership group, led by Todd Boehly, to acquire the West London club.
9. As a precondition for submitting their expression of interest and nomination forms, presidential aspirants on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress has been asked to submit with the forms, the signatures of 10 statutory delegates from each state and the Federal Capital Territory.
10. Governor Bello Mohammed Matawalle of Zamfara State has called for special prayers that would restore peace in the state. Matawalle said his administration was doing all it could to end the banditry activities in the state.
Those are Naija news today & Nigeria newspaper headlines from Nigerian Newspapers. Read more Nigeria news, African news, and world news on ENigeria Newspaper. See you again tomorrow.
Week 47 Pool Fixture 2022: Pool Fixtures for Sat. 28 May 2022 Pool Agent
VIDEO: Miriam Olusanya led GTBank Shields Staff who steal from Customers’ accounts
Audition form – How to Apply For BBNaija 2022: Direct Link To Apply
Actor Gideon Okeke’s marriage crashes three years after
BREAKING: Jamil Abubakar’s baby mama Irene files for sole custody of son
Biography of Anamekwe Nwabuoku – Age, Education, of Nigeria Accountant General
Anamekwe Nwabuoku replaces Idris as Nigeria Accountant General
Leaked AKSU Student Video as Unidentified Guy Smashes Akwa Ibom varsity Girl
Opponent collapses as Victor Nwokolo clinches PDP Primaries ticket
Nigerian Idol Season 7 Winner Emerges
Glamour Girls remake to debut on Netflix in June
Okechukwu Okoye: Soludo offers N10m reward for information on killers of lawmaker
DIG Joseph Egbunike’s burial today in Onitsha
EXCLUSIVE: How inability to secure American green card led Genevieve Nnaji into depression
Deborah Samuel: How DSS officers could not save her from angry mob
News3 years ago
Drug Kingpin, Bishop who escaped death in Ozubulu, killed In South Africa
Crime6 years ago
Forbes Denies Sujimoto CEO, Siji Ogundele
Entertainment2 years ago
Actress, Destiny Etiko talks about her curves and Ikebe
News4 years ago
Harrysong Facilitates Release of 3 Inmates from Okere Prison
Crime4 years ago
Italian Husband Murders Nigerian Female Singer, Alizee and 4 year-old daughter
News2 years ago
Access Bank Plc Launches Access9ijaKids for Children
Entertainment8 months ago
Shocking! Chioma Chukwuka moves out of matrimonial home
News2 years ago
Uzoma Dozie, Former Diamond Bank CEO launches digital banking Startup – Sparkle