Nigeria newspaper headlines and Naija news today, Wednesday 4th April 2022, can be accessed below as curated by ENigeria Newspaper.
ENigeria Newspaper has compiled Nigeria newspaper, Naija news, headlines from newspaper publications in Nigeria, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines today & Naija news today from the Nigerian Newspaper today.
1. The All Progressives Congress, APC, has begun moves to adopt the consensus method at its presidential primary due to the high number of presidential aspirants, which has almost hit 30. Despite the decision of the party to peg the cost of its presidential form at N100m, more aspirants are joining the race.
2. At least 18 bodies were recovered, while six persons were declared missing after a boat capsized in Mai’adua Local Government Area of Katsina State. A resident, Lawal Sakatare, who confirmed the incident, said 24 persons on Sallah celebrations were onboard the ill-fated canoe.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari has said the King David University of Medical Sciences in Ebonyi State will be taken over by the Federal Government. Buhari said this on Thursday when he visited Ebonyi State for the inauguration of some projects built by Governor David Umahi’s administration.
4. The Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, has said gone were the days Northerners felt blackmailed and intimidated by threats of restructuring, secession, break up or break down of Nigeria. The forum in a statement issued by the Secretary General, Murtala Aliyu, said the North had never been opposed to the election of any Nigerian as president, nor has it sought to dominate any part of the country.
5. The Federal Government says it has completed repair of the damaged track on the Abuja-Kaduna rail line, saying it will commence operation soon. Engr. Fidet Okhiria, Managing Director of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC), disclosed this in a statement on Thursday.
6. The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has warned political parties to strictly adhere to the timeline for the conduct of primaries ahead of the 2023 general elections. INEC National Commissioner and Chairman Information and Voter Education Committee (IVEC), Festus Okoye, gave the warning in a statement on Thursday.
7. Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has picked the nomination and expression of interest forms of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC). Senator Kabiru Gaya, one of the leaders of Osinbajo’s campaign, picked up the forms on behalf of the nation’s number two man, on Thursday.
8. Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, has approved the dissolution of the state executive council. The members were directed to handover affairs to permanent secretaries in their ministries.
9. An Abeokuta Magistrates’ Court, on Thursday, remanded a 30-year-old man, Ajibola Akindele, in the Oba Custodial Centre for allegedly raping a 21-year-old woman in church. The Magistrate, Mrs Olajumoke Somefun, who did not take the defendant’s plea, ordered that the case file be sent to the Directorate of Public Prosecution for advice.
10. An Ekiti State High Court, Ado Ekiti Division, has sentenced a 42-year-old prince, Ademola Omoniyi, to death by hanging for killing the traditional ruler of his community. Omoniyi was arraigned on one count charge of murder, contrary to Section 316 and punishable under Section 319 of the Criminal Code, Cap. C16, Laws of Ekiti State of Nigeria, 2012.
Those are the Nigeria newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian Newspapers. Read more Nigeria news, African news, and world news on ENigeria Newspaper. See you again tomorrow.
Folorunso Alakija N60bn Luxury Tower in Ikoyi and its esthetics
Week 47 Pool Fixture 2022: Pool Fixtures for Sat. 28 May 2022 Pool Agent
VIDEO: Miriam Olusanya led GTBank Shields Staff who steal from Customers’ accounts
Audition form – How to Apply For BBNaija 2022: Direct Link To Apply
Actor Gideon Okeke’s marriage crashes three years after
BREAKING: Jamil Abubakar’s baby mama Irene files for sole custody of son
Biography of Anamekwe Nwabuoku – Age, Education, of Nigeria Accountant General
Anamekwe Nwabuoku replaces Idris as Nigeria Accountant General
Leaked AKSU Student Video as Unidentified Guy Smashes Akwa Ibom varsity Girl
Opponent collapses as Victor Nwokolo clinches PDP Primaries ticket
Nigerian Idol Season 7 Winner Emerges
Glamour Girls remake to debut on Netflix in June
Okechukwu Okoye: Soludo offers N10m reward for information on killers of lawmaker
DIG Joseph Egbunike’s burial today in Onitsha
EXCLUSIVE: How inability to secure American green card led Genevieve Nnaji into depression
News3 years ago
Drug Kingpin, Bishop who escaped death in Ozubulu, killed In South Africa
Crime6 years ago
Forbes Denies Sujimoto CEO, Siji Ogundele
Entertainment2 years ago
Actress, Destiny Etiko talks about her curves and Ikebe
News4 years ago
Harrysong Facilitates Release of 3 Inmates from Okere Prison
Crime4 years ago
Italian Husband Murders Nigerian Female Singer, Alizee and 4 year-old daughter
News2 years ago
Access Bank Plc Launches Access9ijaKids for Children
Entertainment8 months ago
Shocking! Chioma Chukwuka moves out of matrimonial home
News2 years ago
Uzoma Dozie, Former Diamond Bank CEO launches digital banking Startup – Sparkle