Nigeria newspaper headlines and Naija news today, 2nd April 2022, can be accessed below as curated by ENigeria Newspaper.
ENigeria Newspaper has compiled Naija news headlines from Nigeria newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigeria Newspaper headlines today & Naija news today from the Nigerian Newspaper today.
1. President Muhammadu Buhari has said the battle waged against terrorists who falsely masquerade under the name of Islam is approaching its conclusion. The President said this Sunday while sending his best wishes to Muslims in Nigeria and across the world celebrating the occasion of the Holy month of Ramadan that reached its end as they marked the Eid.
2. A nationwide survey carried out by the Intellectual Forum on Politics and Governance has shown that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is the preferred candidate to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari, in 2023. The survey, carried out in February, asked Nigerians to choose their favourite from among Osinbajo; Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Rabiu Kwankwaso, and Abubakar Atiku.
3. An Indian national, Devendra Singh, has allegedly committed suicide at his private office on Egbeyemi Street, in the Ilupeju area of Lagos State. Until his death, Singh, 42, was said to be a field worker at the Agro Nigeria Limited, in the Ikeja area of the state.
4. Mr Joe Anatune, image manager of Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Soludo, and leader of his media team during last year’s election, has been announced dead. Anatune reportedly died on Saturday, a few days after he bagged a government appointment, after tirelessly working for Soludo’s victory last year.
5. The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has filed a lawsuit against the Federal Government over alleged failure to protect the rights to life, security, and dignity of the victims of the Abuja-Kaduna train attack and the failure to secure the safe release of those held captive by the terrorists.
6. A bread seller and her son have been confirmed dead in a 3-storey building that collapsed in the Ebutte Metta axis of Lagos Mainland Local Government Area of Lagos State on Sunday. Also, 23 persons were said to have been rescued from the rubble and treated.
7. Two Akwa Ibom children, Gideon Edet and Kingsley Edet, have been rescued from the hands of suspected ritualists by their grandmother, Mrs Bassey Ekong. It was learnt that the duo were rescued after their parents allegedly completed negotiation to sell them for N50,000 and N20,000 respectively, due to poverty.
8. Nobel laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka travelled to Cotonou, Benin Republic, to honour an invitation by the Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho. The literary icon was seen at the Seme border around Sunday noon, crossing over to Cotonou, the capital city of Benin Republic.
9. Some Muslims in Sokoto State observed Eid prayers on Sunday in defiance to the directive of Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar, Sultan of Sokoto, who declared Monday as Eid-ul-Fitr. On Saturday, the Sultan, who is the head of all Muslims in Nigeria, announced that the new moon of Shawwal, 1443AH, had not been sighted.
10. Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano State has placed a ban on the hoisting of banners and posters by politicians during the Eid Prayers and other Sallah festivities. In his Sallah message contained in a statement by the commissioner for information, Malam Muhammad Garba, the Governor said such could cause distractions during prayers.
Those are the Nigeria newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian Newspapers. Read more Nigeria news, African news, and world news on ENigeria Newspaper. See you again tomorrow.
Week 47 Pool Fixture 2022: Pool Fixtures for Sat. 28 May 2022 Pool Agent
VIDEO: Miriam Olusanya led GTBank Shields Staff who steal from Customers’ accounts
Audition form – How to Apply For BBNaija 2022: Direct Link To Apply
Actor Gideon Okeke’s marriage crashes three years after
BREAKING: Jamil Abubakar’s baby mama Irene files for sole custody of son
Biography of Anamekwe Nwabuoku – Age, Education, of Nigeria Accountant General
Anamekwe Nwabuoku replaces Idris as Nigeria Accountant General
Leaked AKSU Student Video as Unidentified Guy Smashes Akwa Ibom varsity Girl
Opponent collapses as Victor Nwokolo clinches PDP Primaries ticket
Nigerian Idol Season 7 Winner Emerges
Glamour Girls remake to debut on Netflix in June
Okechukwu Okoye: Soludo offers N10m reward for information on killers of lawmaker
DIG Joseph Egbunike’s burial today in Onitsha
EXCLUSIVE: How inability to secure American green card led Genevieve Nnaji into depression
Deborah Samuel: How DSS officers could not save her from angry mob
News3 years ago
Drug Kingpin, Bishop who escaped death in Ozubulu, killed In South Africa
Crime6 years ago
Forbes Denies Sujimoto CEO, Siji Ogundele
Entertainment2 years ago
Actress, Destiny Etiko talks about her curves and Ikebe
News4 years ago
Harrysong Facilitates Release of 3 Inmates from Okere Prison
Crime4 years ago
Italian Husband Murders Nigerian Female Singer, Alizee and 4 year-old daughter
News2 years ago
Access Bank Plc Launches Access9ijaKids for Children
Entertainment8 months ago
Shocking! Chioma Chukwuka moves out of matrimonial home
News2 years ago
Uzoma Dozie, Former Diamond Bank CEO launches digital banking Startup – Sparkle