OPEC Recruitment 2021, apply for massive OPEC Recruitment 2021 below.
ENigeria Newspaper reports that Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is an intergovernmental organization of 13 countries. Founded on 14 September 1960 in Baghdad by the first five members (Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Venezuela), it has since 1965 been headquartered in Vienna, Austria, although Austria is not an OPEC member state.
OPEC Recruitment 2021: Apply For Massive OPEC Recruitment 2021
OPEC is recruiting to fill the positions below;
Job Title: Head, Public Relations and Information Department
Deadline: 19th November, 2021
Job Code: 8.1.01
The Department is responsible for presenting OPEC objectives, decisions and actions in their true and most desirable perspective; disseminating news of general interest regarding the Organization and the Member Countries on energy and related matters; and carrying out a central information programme and identifying suitable areas for the promotion of the Organization’s aims and image.
Objective of Position
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, manages and evaluates the work of the Public Relation and Information Department in accordance with the work programme and budget of the Department so as to optimize its support to the Secretariat in achieving its objectives.
- The work aims at creating and maintaining a positive image of the Organization and at ensuring the dissemination of publications and journals at highest professional standard.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, manages and evaluates the work in the Public Relations & Information Department by:
- Suggesting ways and means of promoting the image of the Organization;
- Regularly dispatching information to the broad public through the media and disseminating information and news on OPEC;
- Informing and seeking dialogues with targeted policy making bodies, institutions and organizations;
- Identifying and strengthening avenues for dialogue between OPEC, other institutions and the general public;
- Monitoring the media to evaluate public perception about the Organization, and recommending, where necessary, any disinformation about the Organization through the Director, Support Services Division to the Secretary General;
- Ensuring that publications and public relations activities are fully consistent with the pursuit of OPEC aims and objectives, and policies, and of highest professional standard in terms of language, format and layout;
Updating and sustaining the OPEC website
2. Establishes and maintains close contacts with the media and arranges print, radio, TV and internet interviews to promote objective presentation of OPEC, its aims and objectives as well as the work of the Secretariat
3. Ensures full responses to requests by the Conference, BOG and standing committees for studies and special reports relevant to the work program of the Department
4. Arranges presentations at relevant OPEC meetings and international forums representing the Secretariat as required
5. Develops and maintains networks with external experts and institutions in fields relating to the work of the Department
6. Keeps the Director, Support Services Division fully informed on all aspects of the work of the Department, and draws his attention to important analyses performed by it
7. Evaluates the performance of the staff of the Department, and recommends to the Director, Support Services Division of staff development, salary increase, promotion and separations as appropriate
8. Ensures that the staff of the Department receive the supervision and guidance necessary to broaden and deepen their skills and continuously improve their performance
9. Prepares the annual budget for the Department
10. Carries out any other tasks assigned to him/her by the Director, Support Services Division.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- Advanced university degree in Media Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, International Relations or relevant Social Sciences
- PhD preferred.
12 years in journalism, information management and/or public relations in the media or in an energy-related establishment with a minimum of 4 years in a managerial position, preferably at large national, regional, or international institutions
PhD: 10 years
- Knowledge of modern information practice and techniques
- Professional Management & Leadership
- Membership of a professional body (Public Relations or Journalism) is an advantage
- Knowledge of energy development issues is an asset
- Managerial & leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Decision-making skills
- Strategic orientation
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Negotiation skills
- Initiative and integrity
Status and Benefits
The post is at grade B reporting to the Director, Support Services Division. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
How to Apply
Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
Applicants are requested to fill in an application form which can be downloaded from the OPEC website.
In order for applications to be considered, they must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than 19 November 2021.
Week 47 Pool Fixture 2022: Pool Fixtures for Sat. 28 May 2022 Pool Agent
VIDEO: Miriam Olusanya led GTBank Shields Staff who steal from Customers’ accounts
Audition form – How to Apply For BBNaija 2022: Direct Link To Apply
Actor Gideon Okeke’s marriage crashes three years after
BREAKING: Jamil Abubakar’s baby mama Irene files for sole custody of son
Biography of Anamekwe Nwabuoku – Age, Education, of Nigeria Accountant General
Anamekwe Nwabuoku replaces Idris as Nigeria Accountant General
Leaked AKSU Student Video as Unidentified Guy Smashes Akwa Ibom varsity Girl
Opponent collapses as Victor Nwokolo clinches PDP Primaries ticket
Nigerian Idol Season 7 Winner Emerges
Glamour Girls remake to debut on Netflix in June
Okechukwu Okoye: Soludo offers N10m reward for information on killers of lawmaker
DIG Joseph Egbunike’s burial today in Onitsha
EXCLUSIVE: How inability to secure American green card led Genevieve Nnaji into depression
Deborah Samuel: How DSS officers could not save her from angry mob
News3 years ago
Drug Kingpin, Bishop who escaped death in Ozubulu, killed In South Africa
Crime6 years ago
Forbes Denies Sujimoto CEO, Siji Ogundele
Entertainment2 years ago
Actress, Destiny Etiko talks about her curves and Ikebe
News4 years ago
Harrysong Facilitates Release of 3 Inmates from Okere Prison
Crime4 years ago
Italian Husband Murders Nigerian Female Singer, Alizee and 4 year-old daughter
News2 years ago
Access Bank Plc Launches Access9ijaKids for Children
Entertainment8 months ago
Shocking! Chioma Chukwuka moves out of matrimonial home
News2 years ago
Uzoma Dozie, Former Diamond Bank CEO launches digital banking Startup – Sparkle