Former Governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor Kalu, has proposed a scholarship program for 50 students to study medicine at a Venezuelan institution E-Nigeria Newspaper understands.
“Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation in Collaboration with the Venezuelan Embassy in Abuja is happy to launch the 2021 Scholarship program for undergraduates who have a passion and talent to pursue medicine and surgery,” the Chief Whip of the Nigerian Senate stated in a statement.
The Foundation stated that the selected students will attend the top-ranked and prestigious Latino American Medicine School – Escuela Latinoamericana de Medicina (ELAM) in Venezuela, where they will study for six years.
The Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation claims that it will provide complete financial support to the selected students, including tuition, housing, food, and monthly stipends.
To be qualified, a student must have the following qualifications…
- Should be a citizen of Nigeria
- Should have good grades in West African Examination Council (WAEC) or National Examinations Council (NECO). ‘A’ grades in Biology, physics and Chemistry is added advantage
- Should be aged between 18 and 23 years old
- Should have single status.
- Should be medically fit
DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT
- Photocopy of West African Examination Council(WAEC) or National Examinations Council (NECO)
- Self-introduction letter of maximum of 200 words .
SUBMISSION TIMELINE: July 30th, 2021 —August 15th , 2021
Documents should be mailed to [email protected]
For more information visit https://www.orjiuzorkalufoundation.org
Orji Uzor Kalu is a politician and businessman from Nigeria. He is the chairman of SLOK Holdings, which owns the Nigerian publications Daily Sun and New Telegraph. From May 29, 1999, to May 29, 2007, he was the Governor of Abia State in Nigeria.